Friday, March 21, 2014

SUP'er Profile ..Meet Amber Shadwick

1)     Who are you? Amber Shadwick, Owner of FITSIDE.


2)     How did you start Paddle Boarding and why? I started SUP'ing as an additional form of outdoor activity in efforts to enable and enhance core strength, balance, functionality and sustainability of my body, mind and spirit.


3)     How long have you been Paddleboarding? 6 years.


4)     Where do you do the most paddling? Broad Creek.


5)     Who do you paddle with? ( ..ie..family, friends, club, ect..) When I am not teaching or doing SUP Yoga, my favorite SUP buddy is my 9 year old tail wag, Sadie!


6)     What  type of Paddle Equipment do you use?  ( boards, paddles, gear ) As a Bic SUP Ambassador... only Bic SUP's!


7)     What do you like most about SUP ? The freedom and liberation of the soul. The mind and body connection. The physical engagement alongside the functionality, diversity, and sustainable layers of the sport.


8)     An amazing experience or encounter while Paddleboarding? Dolphins' unexpected, playful and expressive visit beside my board while I was simply honoring them in Makarasana (aka. Dolphin Pose) :) 


9)  Your favorite non-paddling thing to do? Daily enable, inspire and empower others in the realms of health and wellness.


10)   Favorite after paddle grinds?  Fresh squeezed margarita and or I rehydrate uber healthfully with a homemade kombucha!


11)   Dream vacation or surf trip? Explore the quiet and ancient east shore waters of India as I paddle alongside surfing yogi's.  


12)  Your occupation or what do you do for a living? I am a Fitness and Wellness Professional, Bic SUP Ambassador. I provide custom fitness, wellness and nutrition coaching. I locally head up Outside Hilton Head's SUP Yoga Program, and Destination Fitness and Wellness programs. I facilitate Corporate Wellness programs nationally and conduct motivational, nutritional seminars.


13)  Your hero(s) or person(s) who have had influence on your life.? My father. Daddy's are always their daughter's hero.


14)   Something people don't know about you and willing to share? I have a "twinkie" aka. twin sister.


15)   Last words or thoughts you'd like to share? My professional and personal mantra: "Get Outside. Get Fit. Get Happy."


16)   Thanks to ?…..


Mike Overton, CEO of Outside Hilton Head, for recognizing my passion for outdoor fitness and wellness. As he has helped to provide a platform and opportunity for my creativity. He has supported my desire to develop and deliver destination fitness and wellness programs here in the Lowcountry.



Marianne Wells, of Marianne Wells Yoga School, for empowering me with the skills I needed to be a successful and well-educated yoga instructor.

Brody Welte, of Stand Up Fitness, for enabling me with the additional tools I needed to become knowledgeable in the realm of paddle fitness.

Joshua Hall, of Charleston County Park and Recreation Commission and the American Canoe Association, for sharing his knowledge and passion for paddlesport education, safety and skills.

Bic SUP and Sport for bringing me "on board" as a Bic SUP Ambassador. Energy and passion never fail when advocating doing what you love, and loving what you do! 





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join Amber and Outside HH will try to set record for largest SUP Yoga Class Ever! 
March 22nd from 2:15 to 3:15PM at Shelter Cove Marina. 
Cost is only $5! Bring your own board or rent one for $15. 
No experience in SUP? Special 90 minute Record Setter Introductory
SUP Clinic before the SUP Yoga event for only $15.
All proceeds will be donated to The Outside Foundation. 

Contact,.. Outside Hilton Head to register and further details..


The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa will have
several great weekend packages available for participants and guests including:


$125 per night plus resort fee and taxes; no minimum length of stay
10% off services at The Heavenly Spa
Free shuttle to and from the Outside Outpost at Shelter Cove Marina from 
The Westin Free one-hour yoga session on Sunday Mar 23, 2014 at 9 am, 
beachside at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa


Mention YogiBoardHHI promotional code when making a reservation, 
call 843-681-4000 or visit www.westinhiltonheadisland.com for additional information.

No comments: