Saturday, October 9, 2010

Joe Hiller event, IOP in Charleston

Today I had the experience of my first paddle surfing competition up in Isle of Palms
in Charleston. The Joe Hiller Longboard and SUP event. I met some great folks, great competitors and the SSCESA put on an awesome showing. Arriving early, I was greeted with waist to head high surf for the event during high tide..
Unfortunately the Stand Up heats were run late in the event at LOW TIDE. : ( ...Its a shame paddle surfing is still looked upon as a secondary or afterthought event. So I was subject to paddle in the less than knee high non contestable waves.
Overall great learning experience...
---------------------------------------
....From lovin' it ....



TO LAME....
ride and glide, Low Country , Low tide blues...

Thanks the support and pics Tim...

No comments: