1) Who are you?
2) How did you start Paddle Boarding and why?
Tried it for the first time with Glen after bringing some boards back from the Surf Expo in 2008.
3) How long have you been Paddleboarding?
4) Where do you do the most paddling?
Either Broad Creek on HHI or from either Burkes or South Forest Beach.
5) Who do you paddle with?
Family and friends
6) What type of Paddle Equipment do you use?
Have a Werner Bent Shaft Nitro for flat water and have been using the Kialoa Methane for surf. Mainly using whatever boards we have in our fleet at Outside Hilton Head, right now that the BIC 12'6 One Design for flat water and the Surftech Generator 9'6" for surf but always looking to try something new.
7) What do you like most about SUP ?
Exercise, calm quiet morning paddles, sharing the stoke with my girls, the healthy lifestyle, the wildlife, time with friends on the water, just the whole vibe.
8) An amazing experience or encounter while Paddleboarding?
While paddling on Broad Creek at sunrise had a dolphin come and check me out. Swam around the board for a few minutes within feet/inches of the board and finally brought it's head out of the water and had it's snout over my board for about 10 seconds. Exhaled a real strong fishy breath and then he/she took off. Great way to start the day.
9) Your favorite non-paddling thing to do?
Spend time with my girls outside, usually at the beach.
10) Favorite after paddle grinds?
11) Dream vacation or surf trip?
12) Your occupation or what do you do for a living?
Director of Retail at Outside Hilton Head
13) Your hero(s) or person(s) who have had influence on your life.?
Jesus Christ, parents, kids
14) Something people don't know about you and willing to share?
15) Last words or thoughts you'd like to share?
1 Corinthians 16: 13-14
Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love.
16) Thanks to ?…..
Glen B for taking me out that 1st time on a cold February day 6 years ago, I've been hooked ever since. And thanks to my girls who love getting on/in the water with their dad, doesn't get much better than that.