Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day Fishing on the SUP

Jesse and I headed out on the SUP's to fish and try our luck on the falling tide. We used Storm lures; the smoked grey mullet color with screw tail and paddle tail worked the best. I caught 7 trout all in the 12 -16 inch range and Jesse caught the only red drum at about 16'' and a few trout with the quick release technique. We had fun paddling around the basin and grass line casting. The sun was out ,warm calm conditions. Awesome late morning spent with a great friend.
No, we did not keep the fish, threw them all back to have another spectacular day..
Today I figured what my Aumakua is; ''Aquatic life..''
I'm very Thankful for what I have and where I'm at in my life. I'm blessed with such wonderful family. My parents, brothers and relatives, great friends who are just like family and fortunate to have a good job. I take the time each day to be grateful for what I have, doing great things for others, staying healthy, meeting awesome people along my ride of life keeping a humble attitude. This has kept me happy and I've finally learned how to appreciate what is really important;
The little things .
Happy Thanksgiving
.....
rod bending trout

Casting on the Stand Up Jesse reeling'
Small Trout on the ''Big Mamma''
Jesse's Redfish
Trout fight
Trout fishing Low Country SUP Style..
One of the bigger hook ups
..............................
I also paddled with Russ Tillman from Port Royal Plantation. I met Russ on one of my ocean paddles few weeks ago as he was paddling an Owens' Carbon Fiber Outrigger canoe. He showed interest in Stand Up so today we went for a 2 mile paddle. This was his second paddle w/ me and he's hooked on Stand Up.. Talking with Russ today I found out we know some of the same people and surfed some of the same breaks back home (NY) ...... Small world. Thanks Russ for the great afternoon paddle.. We will paddle again.. Mahalo ...

No comments: